You should complete the standard online application form at the University of Glasgow. More information for the online application is available on the University website:
You need to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form (or a separate personal statement if not applying for the scholarship) and a copy of your latest CV.
Your scholarship application will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Academic merit (e.g. relevance and level of academic qualifications) – 30%
- Supporting personal statement – 40%
- Quality of (academic) references – 10%
- Other (e.g. relevant research/professional experiences/interests) – 20%
Supporting Personal Statement:
If you are applying to the scholarship this is part of your Scholarship Application Form. Please be as precise as you can when writing your Supporting Personal Statement. Do not repeat yourself and do not exceed the word limit (1200 words). You should make sure that you address the following issues in your personal statement:
- You should outline your motivation for choosing the GLOCAL programme (i.e. how it complements and develops your previous studies; how it relates to your career path; how it relates to your personal and academic interests).
- Explain why you think you are a good candidate for the programme given your previous studies and the courses offered on the programme in both years.
- Briefly indicate what you see as being the topic of your year 2 dissertation (this can change later).
- You should highlight your participation in conferences, internships, non-governmental organisations, summer schools, and other socially sensitive or political activity; as well as any prizes/awards received even if these activities are not specially connected to the area of Global Markets & Local Creativities.