The deadline for all applications to Track D for entry in September 2022 has now CLOSED.
|Deadline for Scholarship Applications||Friday 7th January 2022 (CLOSED)|
|Deadline for Self-funded Applications (track D) – for Home/EU & International non-EU applicants||Friday 7th January 2022 (CLOSED)|
|Deadline for Self-funded Applications (all other tracks) – for Home/EU applicants||Monday 25th July 2022|
|Deadline for Self-funded Applications (all other tracks) – for International non-EU applicants||Wednesday 31st August 2022|
|Applicants Informed of Consortium’s Preliminary Decisions regarding Scholarship offers||Early April 2022|
|EACEA Confirmation received and communicated to successful applicants||May-June 2022|
|GLOCAL Starting Dates||Mid-September 2022|
There are two parts to how your application for GLOCAL is handled.
- Your application for entry onto the programme is handled by the University of Glasgow’s Admissions office. The Admissions office will examine your application and decide whether to make an offer of entry to the programme.
- Your application for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is handled separately, by the GLOCAL Consortium partners. All applications which are deemed by the University of Glasgow’s Admissions Office to have met the requirements to be awarded a conditional or unconditional offer of entry to the programme are reviewed and scored by GLOCAL staff at University of Glasgow and at the Consortium partner universities, according to the published selection criteria. This is a very thorough process in which all applications are scored by two academic members of staff in a first round of reviews, followed by the top scoring applicants being reviewed by all seven GLOCAL partner institutions and discussed at a final scholarship selection meeting. This results in a ranked list, from which the Erasmus Mundus scholarships are awarded.
Please note that no scholarship application results will be released until the official results release date specified in the selection timeline and we are unable to provide detailed feedback or ranking positions.
You make your application to both the programme and the Erasmus Mundus scholarship as one application through the University of Glasgow’s online application system. You do not have to make separate applications for the programme and the scholarship.
If you get an offer of entry to the Programme but are unsuccessful in getting an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship and you wish to self-fund your studies, a non-refundable £1000 deposit will be required to secure your place.
All applications are subject to an eligibility check which covers all aspects of the application: respect of the application deadline, completeness of the application file, eligibility of the candidate in relation to the Erasmus Mundus criteria. Applicants who fail to provide necessary documentation by the appropriate deadline will be excluded from the application procedure and will be informed of the specific reason for ineligibility.
To be eligible to be considered for a scholarship, students must have met the requirements to be issued a conditional or unconditional offer for the programme, and must have submitted their scholarship application on time. These applicants will be put forward to the scholarship competition. The University of Glasgow Postgraduate Admissions office assesses all programme applications and will reply directly to the applicant to let them know if they have been offered a place on the programme. The GLOCAL Consortium assesses all eligible applications for scholarships and will inform applicants of the scholarship decision on the date listed above.
The GLOCAL Consortium selection committee assesses each application according to the following criteria:
- Academic merit (e.g. relevance and level of academic qualifications) – 30%
- Supporting personal statement – 40%
- Quality of (academic) references – 10%
- Other (e.g. relevant research, professional experience, interests, etc.) – 20%
When a main list scholarship student withdraws, they are replaced by the first eligible candidate on the reserve list. In this particular case, the eligibility criterion concerns the nationality of the reserve list candidate and the rule concerning the presence of a maximum of three nationals from the same country among the scholarship holders in each intake in each category. If there are already three other students with the same nationality on the main list, the consortium will have to take the next eligible candidate respecting its own ranking list (European Commission’s regulations).
Appeal procedure for candidates who fail to secure a scholarship:
All candidates will be notified of the decision of the Scholarship Selection Committee by email only in early April 2022. Candidates who do not secure a scholarship and who wish to appeal the decision of the scholarship selection committee must do so in writing by email within 2 weeks (14 days) from the point of notification by the GLOCAL Consortium of their failure to win a scholarship.
For more information email email@example.com.