Visa Information

There are very important visa considerations that international students joining the IntM in Global Markets, Local Creativities need to take account of and act upon to ensure that they have the correct visas and permissions for undertaking all of the programme’s periods of mobility. We strongly recommend finding what visa arrangements are needed for all mobility periods before arriving in Glasgow. 

The sections below provide more information about the partner-specific visa arrangements:

Tier 4 Student Visa:

If you are classified as an international student by the University of Glasgow you will be required to apply for a two-year Tier 4 Student Visa.

You will require a Certificate of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) from the University of Glasgow in order to make a Tier 4 Student Visa application. The University will issue CAS letters to all international students who have received and accepted an unconditional offer of application normally from three (3) months prior to the start of the programme.

UoG International Student Support & Visas website

Holding the Tier 4 visa will allow you to study in Glasgow during the first mobility period and to apply for your Spanish residence permit from here. The Tier 4 visa will be valid for the UK for the entire two-year duration of the programme. Please note that this visa does not cover your stay in your subsequent mobility periods.

Students are advised to apply for a six-month study visa for Spain. You will apply for this at the Spanish Consulate in Edinburgh during your first semester on the programme.

More information on the Spanish visa process will be provided during your first mobility period in Glasgow.

For international students in Sweden, a visa will be needed in most cases.  A visa is a permit which is required for you to enter and remain in Sweden for a period of a maximum of three months.

See the university’s Passports and Visas page for more information:

Everything you need to know about visas and residence permits for study at Erasmus University Rotterdam can be found on the university webpages:

In order to study in Germany (longer than 90 days), non-EU-citizens have to apply for a student visa. European Union (EU) citizens and those from the Schengen Area do not need any visa in order to enter and study in Germany. Furthermore, visa obligations for short-term stays (no longer than 90 days) have been exempted for citizens of some countries. You can apply for visa in a German diplomatic mission in your country of residence (Embassy or Consulate). For GLOCAL students this will be the German Embassy in Madrid during your studies in Barcelona.

You can find more information regarding the visa arrangements in Göttingen as well as transportation and student life below:

Detailed Visa information
Arriving in Göttingen
Studying at the University of Göttingen

In Colombia, visa requirements depend upon: (i) the length of stay of each student; and (ii) the student’s nationality.

(i) Length of stay:

Less than 180 days: Permit to Enter and Remain in Colombia, PIP

  • If students are coming for only one semester (less than 180 days), and if they are a citizen of a country which does not require a visa to enter Colombia (please refer to point ii), they can request a PIP.
  • A student can request the PIP upon your arrival at the airport by handing in the letter of acceptance to the University to the Colombian Immigration Officer at the airport.
  • Process: Migración Colombia will stamp the student’s passport, travel document or Andean Migratory Card (TAM in Spanish) with the correct stamp for entering the country (date of entrance, authorized days to remain and the type of entrance), which will be valid for ninety (90) consecutive days, which can be extended, for ninety (90) more days up to a maximum of 180 calendar days in a year.

Length of stay (More than 180 days): Temporary Student Visa:

  • According to Colombian Law, “the visa is the authorisation granted to a foreigner to enter and remain in the national territory as awarded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs”.
  • Having in mind that the student is coming for more than 180 days, or is a citizen of countries to which Colombia requires having an entrance visa, s/he should request a student visa which should be granted in the country of origin of the student at the offices of a Colombian consulate, in a Colombian Embassy. This process can also be made online.
  • If the student is coming for the academic year, s/he should always request a student visa.
  • You can find more information about the whole process here:

The University’s Office of International Affairs (OIA) will be the main contact regarding all visa matters.  Please remember that even though the application process has to be done by each applicant himself, the OIA can support and advise students on the process.  For further information, please contact:; +57 (1) 3324548

(ii) The student’s nationality:

Applying for a Student Visa via Kyoto University

In order to study at Kyoto University successful candidates residing outside of Japan must obtain a “College Student Visa (ryugaku visa)” through a Japanese diplomatic mission. The required documents for this application include a certificate or notification of acceptance from Kyoto University, and a valid passport. In some cases, applicants may also be asked to present proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay in Japan.

Kyoto University provides assistance and advice to students so that they can obtain their visa in a timely manner. For full details on the visa application process please refer to the links below: