Students are responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements for each of their mobility periods. See below for information for each partner university.

Further advice about searching for accommodation in Glasgow will be provided in your Welcome Pack before joining the programme.

The University of Barcelona has three halls of residence and it also cooperates with the net of organisations BCU (Barcelona University Centre) and other halls of residence, which offer a variety of accommodation oriented especially to students in a temporary study or research stay at the university.

For more information, please follow this link:

Barcelona University Centre

BCU (Barcelona University Centre) is an organisation which aims to make aspects of life outside of school easier. BCU was created to support and coordinate activities to promote Barcelona and its metropolitan area as an international university centre. It helps international students find accommodation thanks to its wide network of contacts with different kind of accommodation services (halls of residence, private apartments, rooms, etc.).

You can find more information about the accommodation possibilities offered by BCU here: Furthermore, there is a specific email address that this organisation created just for the students coming on exchange to our Faculty. You can use this email to request information about accommodation options or to ask for information around your preferences and your budget:

Col·legis Majors (Halls of Residence):

The Col·legis Majors are institutions which provide accommodation and promote education and good relations among its residents. It is necessary to reserve a place during the month of April. For more information you can directly contact the corresponding Col·legi Major or visit the UB website.

Details and contact info:

University of Barcelona Affiliated Halls of Residence:

The University of Barcelona also has more affiliated halls of residence, which can be found at the following link:

Borsa Jove d´Habitatge:

At Borsa Jove d´Habitatge you will find a lot of offers to share an apartment in Barcelona. You will find more information here:

You will need to make your own accommodation arrangements in Rotterdam. Erasmus University Rotterdam strongly recommends that GLOCAL students should start their housing search early on, because it can be difficult to find a room over the summer holiday. Sometimes outgoing exchange students from EUR are willing to swap rooms with incoming students. This option is also worth checking. Some practical advice is included in the sections below:

Short stay furnished accommodation – international students

The short stay accommodation of the Erasmus University Rotterdam is run by the housing office called SSH. They have four dorms with furnished rooms you can choose from. You can rent one of these rooms for a maximum of one year. Prices for short stay accommodation range between €510 and €590 including services (water, electricity, internet, taxes etc.).

Two dorms are off-campus, only 10 minutes walking distance from the university:

For Full-year students only:

For Full-year and semester students:

Two dorms are on-campus, for both Full-year and semester students:

  • Hatta Building: Private bedroom, shared bathroom/kitchen (3 persons)
  • F-Building: Private bedroom and kitchen, shared bathroom (6 persons)

Looking for a room in the private market

1) Read through the Housing website of the EUR, so you know the ins and outs of finding accommodation;

2) A good help in looking for accommodation, are the sources found on Accommodation Providers;

3) Use social media. Try linking to people that have connections in Rotterdam;

4) If you end up renting a room on the private market, carefully read the section on Legal Aspects to avoid any unpleasant surprises.

5) Make sure you understand your tenancy agreement and the terms of notice. Make any necessary payments in advance, but be aware of landlords who ask you to wire money to a “Money Transfer Agent” (such as Western Union or GWK), because they could be frauds. Money should always be transferred to a Dutch bank account. But rest assured: problems of this kind are rare.

6) Let the landlord know exactly when you will be arriving in Rotterdam and arrange a time for picking up the key.

7) Find out beforehand how to get to your new accommodation from the airport or train station (public transport planner) – you won’t be the first one to get lost on their first day in Rotterdam.

Registering at City Hall/ Municipality

International students who will be living in the Netherlands for more than 4 months are obliged to register at the City Hall in the town in which you are living. After registration, you will receive your citizen service number (BSN-number).

If you prefer to register at the City at another date, please make an appointment through the Erasmus University Rotterdam. Students will then have to bring the following documents:

  • Registration form (see website)

  • Valid Passport or valid identity card

  • A rental contract and a tenancy agreement

  • Dutch residence permit (non-EU/EEA students only)

  • Birth certificate

Göttingen offers a large selection of apartments at a low price. However, it is advisable to find accommodation as early as possible if you want to move in at the start of a semester.

The Göttingen Studentenwerk (Student Union) has approx. 4,500 places of residence available. You can already add your name to the waiting list – without obligation – for a place in one of the halls of residence (dormitories) run by the Studentenwerk before you start your studies. It is not necessary to have already applied or enrolled for a course of studies at the University of Göttingen at this stage.

The private residential market is also attuned to a student budget: rent in Göttingen is significantly cheaper than in comparable university cities.

Uppsala University will guarantee an offer of housing to all fee-paying Bachelor’s and Master’s students and several other groups of students attending the university through collaboration agreements prioritised by Uppsala University management. The guarantee also applies to scholarship recipients. Please note that students who wish to reside with a non-Uppsala student (ie, a partner) will not be able to do that – they will have to find their own room to rent.

  • See here for information on Uppsala University’s housing partner with information on the types of rooms available
  • See here for information about student housing at Uppsala
  • See here for more information on the Housing Guarantee:

Kyoto University has seven accommodation facilities available for international students and researchers, located in the Shugakuin, Yoshida, Hyakumanben(for students only), Okazaki, Uji, Ohbaku and Misasagi (for students only) areas of Kyoto.

International students at Kyoto University can also stay at other accommodation facilities provided by external parties with which Kyoto University has a leasing agreement. Such facilities are also occupied by international and domestic students attending other universities, and in such cases the lease contract will be made through the International Service Office.

Kyoto University International Houses

Due to the limited number of places available, Kyoto University cannot guarantee that all students will have access to the above housing options . Some international students, whether out of preference or necessity, stay in private accommodation. In such cases, Kyoto University offers advice and support to international students in securing private accommodation.

For more details please refer to the following link:



The University provides student housing in the Torre Séneca. In 2017 Uniandes constructed this housing facility that was opened in January 2017. The Torre Séneca is a 26-storey building that offers furnished apartments of 1, 2 and 4 bedrooms, and suites for visiting faculty. They can be rented for different periods of time. The building is located one block from the University’s main campus.

Torre Séneca is part of a larger housing complex. It fronts two public squares: Plazoleta de la U (U square) and Plazoleta de las Artes (Arts Square), where cultural and artistic activities are held. Two floors are assigned to food services, pharmacy, bookstore, banks, hair salons, etc. The fourth floor links Torre Séneca with two other towers used by other universities, and features study halls, TV rooms, entertainment rooms, 24-hour gym, laundry and front desk.

The Torre Seneca, provides short-stay options. Students are able to come for a shorter period of time, but they would have to book their place in advance.

Information on these facilities can be found in the following link: