Should I apply for a Tier 4 or Short-Term Study visa for the UK?

For the UK, you can apply for either a two-year Tier 4 visa or a Short-Term Study Visa. Please note that for a number of reasons we recommend that you apply for the Tier 4 visa, including:

  • The Tier 4 visa will be valid for the UK for the entire two-year duration of the programme. This also means that should any new travel restrictions arise to Spain or Sweden after the first semester, you will be able to remain in the UK until these are lifted.
  • Only the Tier 4 visa will allow you to apply for the UK post-study work visa under current plans for students beginning their studies in 2020, details of which can be found here.
  • If you have to make any subsequent visa applications from within the UK, most Embassies will only accept applications from students who have a Tier 4 visa.You can find all details on the Tier 4 and Short-Term Study visa application processes on the International Student Support Team’s webpage here.
Category: Visa information


Date: January 16, 2021 1:39 pm


Categorised in: